Walsall Football Club offers an individual the opportunity to join our Academy as a professional development phase coach.
Type of Contract :
Competitive – According to experience
6e August 2021
UEFA “A” license
FA Advanced Youth Award
FA EFaiF (formerly BFAS)
FA Child protection
Enhanced FA DBS control
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide Academy Progress Report on Team 17/18 to Academy Management Team on a monthly basis and other written materials and presentations upon request.
- Respect and promote sound ethics and club policy, fair play and equal opportunity at all times.
- Produce coaching session plans and evaluations in conjunction with the philosophy of the Academy.
- Be aware of club protection policies, health and safety policy and emergency procedures and take responsibility for health and safety aspects during practices / games.
- Attend any meeting with other coaches, scouts, parents and children, as applicable.
- Responsible for the maintenance of materials, equipment and facilities.
- Contribute to the Club Academy Performance Plan (APP).
- Develop your own skills by attending CPD coach education courses and any continuing education organized by the club.
- Must be punctual at all times.
- Know and follow the accident recording procedures.
- Establish high standards of professionalism and demonstrate a high standard of conduct, thus providing a good role model for young coaches.
- To discuss the transition of PDP players.
- Liaise with Academy Director, YDP Head Coach and YDP Player Transitions Coach
- Attend all monthly Academy management meetings with a progress report on the U18 team.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the new coaching program in the professional development phase which has clear multidisciplinary learning objectives.
- Complete staff assessments as needed to provide direction and direction for continuous staff improvement.
Skills and attributes required:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Management of time
- Advance planning
- Ability to observe and analyze
- Use the appropriate material and adapt if necessary
- Assessment skills
- Plan and implement structured coaching sessions
The EFL has introduced affirmative action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Ethical Minority (BAME) backgrounds. The new regulations oblige clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (when an application has been received) for all roles in academic football requiring a UEFA âAâ or âBâ license.
Do you consider your ethnic origin to meet any of the following definitions?
â¢ Other ethnic minority (ie any other ethnic group that is not âBritish Whiteâ)
* YES / NO (please indicate this on your application)
Walsall Football Club is fully committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children and youth and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, this role is subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS control.
To apply for this position, please complete the application form and email it to [email protected]